“English for Business” reflects recent changes in the world’s business and economic environment, featuring new units including Corporate Social Responsibility and Venture Capital. Covering the most important areas of management, production, marketing, finance and macroeconomics, it helps students to understand and talk about key concepts in business and economics. Using case studies, discussions and role-plays, the course helps learners to develop and defend their own viewpoints, and new audio featuring authentic interviews with business people offers realistic listening practice.
- Reflecting recent changes in the world’s business and economic environment, the course features topics such as energy policy and viral marketing and includes new units such as Corporate Social Responsibility and Venture Capital.
- As well as short, manageable chunks of listening material, the class audio features new authentic interviews with business people from key areas of business, from finance to marketing.
- Complete transcripts of the class audio material offer students extra support.
- New task-based activities link to clear and practical learner outcomes.
- New Infoquests on Professional English Online help students do internet-based research on many of the topics in the course.